Never at a loss for news when it comes to ryokucha (Japanese green tea).
Category: Japanese Green Tea (page 1 of 2)
UCC Green Tea. 緑茶 りょくちゃ That’s Ryoku-cha!
NO SUGAR. NO ARTIFICIAL COLORING
WE PRESENT MILD BODY AND AROMA TO YOU ~
NET 11.1 fluid ounces (330 ml)
Serving Size 1 can (330 ml)
Amount Per Serving: 0 Calories.
Total Fat 0 grams. No Trans Fat
20 milligrams of sodium
1 gram of carbohydrates
INGREDIENTS: water, green tea, ascorbic acid
Manufacturer: UCC UESHIMA COFFEE CO., LTD
5-1-6 Tamon-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe, 650-0015 Japan.
Product of Japan.
Green tea is 緑茶 (ryoku-cha) in the Japanese language, but in Japan it is commonly referred to simply as お茶 (o-cha). It is sometimes referred to 日本茶 (nihon-cha), meaning Japanese tea, although it wasn’t introduced from China until the Song Dynasty, between 960 and 1279 AD.
The Japanese Buddhist priest Myōan Eisai is credited with introducing green tea to Japan from China.
Common varieties of green tea in Japan:
番茶 Bancha (common tea)
玉露 Gyokuro (jade dew)
焙じ茶 Hōji-cha (roasted tea)
冠茶 Kabuse-cha (covered tea)
窯煎茶 Kamairi-cha tea (pan-fried tea)
茎茶 Kuki-cha (stalk tea)
抹茶 Matcha (rubbed tea)
芽茶 Mecha (buds and tips tea)
煎茶 Sencha (broiled tea)
The best Japanese green tea is from the Yame region of Fukuoka Prefecture and the Uji region of Kyoto.
Shizuoka Prefecture produces 40% of the raw tea leaves in Japan.
Pokka Green Tea. Jasmine. SELECTED PREMIUM LEAF.
Authentic, Real Brewed. No Preservative. No Colouring
This tasted nasty to me!
Granted, I can’t stand jasmine perfume even, whereas other women are enamored by the fragrance. But looking at the ingredients list, there’s no actual jasmine in it. The sickly sweetness is from sugar and the ubiquitous “flavoring.”
INGREDIENTS: Water, Freshly Brewed Green Tea, Sugar, Flavoring.
NET: 10.1 FLUID OUNCES (300 ml). Recyclable Can.
One side of the can is in Chinese, the other in English. There’s also information in Thai and Bahasa Malaysia.
KOMPOSISI: Air, Teh Hijau, Seduh Asli, Gula, Pencita Rasa.
HACCP. ISO 9001 CERTIFIED. UPC 8 88196 124128
72 calories. No fat. Very little sodium – 19 milligrams.
18 grams of carbohydrates, all from sugar.
No protein. 25% Daily Value of Vitamin C
Under the licence and the strictest quality control of POKKA CORP. JAPAN. MANUFACTURED & DISTRIBUTED BY Pokka Corporation (S). Ltd. 39 Quality Road, Singapore 618810.
- The UK’s Chinese food revolution
- Food review: Singapore chef Jereme Leung’s new restaurant, Yi by Jereme Leung, specialises in modern Chinese cuisine
- 12 bizarre and innovative ways food companies are making mooncakes, the 700-year-old Chinese delicacy eaten to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival
- Review: Food and family provide pleasing flavors in sincere Chinese drama ‘Fagara’
- Hunan Chinese Restaurant Cited: Douglas Restaurant Inspections
- Stockton’s 5 favorite spots to find affordable Chinese food
- Molly Yeh: How motherhood has changed this Chinese-Jewish Food Network star
- At Greenville’s Asia Pacific Supermarket food memories, authenticity drive owner Alva Mak